So...do I need to remind you what yesterday was.....that's right DVR day! Our appointment was for 8-12 (like the first two times that were canceled) and at 11:23 the phone rings. In my head I am giving them the benefit of the doubt and thought oh directions they are calling for exact directions. Well, when I answered the phone the man on the other end starts the conversation with "well... (not a good sign). I instantly cut him off (as my blood pressure instantly soars) and I tell him that he better not be calling to tell me he wasn't coming, he sort of half nervously laughs and tells me indeed he is not coming this is his only scheduled day off and he just woke up and got a message that he was assigned to our house. Again I cut him off and ask for the phone number to call.
Once I dial the DISH number I get that stupid automated voice thing and I just scream into the phone, "I want to talk to someone!" (Apparently the computer hears that a lot because it started ringing again.) Sorry this is a long story feel free to stop reading. Once someone answers the phone I tell (or yell, whatever) my situation to two different people and demand that they find someone to come to my house TODAY. The second person puts me on hold to call the dispatch office. After he talks with them for a few minutes he tells me no one is available today I would need to reschedule, well that was not an option I explain to him and then I demanded that he give me the number to the dispatch office and I would do it myself, so he did.
Cassandra answered the phone at the dispatch office (oh that's right I totally wrote down every person's name I spoke to) and after I tell my situation for the third time that ends with ..."Who's fault is this and you will find someone to fix it today." She has the gaul to tell me that I didn't have to be so mean about it. What? You are telling ME how I should be acting? (Here's a word of advice...if someone is yelling about a situation that is completely screwed up and not directly yelling at you it is better to take the yellers side and tell them they have every right to be mad and it will be fixed immediately, NOT tell them to stop being mean.) Well, mean or not mean she found someone who was available to come out, yeah!! Sometimes it pays to be a little demanding (as long as it doesn't deal with food, that could end very badly for you.) So within two hours of getting my third cancellation call I was pausing live TV like a pro! Chalk one up for the good guys!!!!
BTW, I am not always a complete jerk, OK sometimes I am but not this time, I did call Cassandra back and tell her thank you for working hard to find someone.
9 comments:
You go girl! How dare they even consider cancelling a third time, I don't think so.
Vic
Well, we're all glad this is over for you. But what will you have to blog about now?
I'm sure Angie will come up with something. . . hotdogs buns in hamburger bun packages, Angie appreciation days, and of course there is always Gracie. She is always good for a story or two! Love you guys and glad you can pause your tv now!
ha! ha! ha! I'm calling YOU to do my calling for me next time I have an issue with ANYONE!!!! Good job! :)
When we got direct TV they said they would be out between 8 and 12. Well of course they didn't show up so Jim calls. They say he will be there, he is running late. Two, three, ,four, no guy. Finally he shows up and it is six o'clock on a fri. night when he gets there. It's dark out can't see blah, blah. So they decide to reschedule. Jim called Mon. Morning and told them how disappointed he was that he spent the entire day waiting for their tech. So they gave us a 100.00 credit!!! Call them back!! They owe you for your time wasted!
I agree with Denise! Also, I'm quite impressed you called back to thank her.
Please you act like your tough or something...You should see Marion when her whole foods order is wrong!!HA (JK I love you mom)
Just for some random information. From CUba Missouri to Ada Oklahoma it is approximately 6 hours and about 400 miles from driveway to driveway. Just thought I'd throw that out there in case anyone was wondering!
All I can say, now that you have Direct TV is
CH 229- HGTV
CH 235 can't think of the name, but CLEAN HOUSE is fun!
and if you like soaps or 90210
CH 262!
I am guesing since you now have DVR you are spending lots of your time watching TV - ha! The girls looked great yesterday. It was a bonus to get to see them. Nancy
Post a Comment