I just love the look of admiration in Gracie's eyes in this picture. She so wants to be exactly like her big sister.
Before they started the principal told everyone to find their parents and wave. Lexi is to the right of the kid in the blue shirt.
She was asked to introduce one of the songs. So for a whole week we would ask her what she was suppose to say and she would proudly say, "The Marching Band is Coming to Town!!" I would then say WRONG, "The GOBLIN Band is Coming to Town." Some how she said it right that night!!
We also had parent/teacher conferences a week or so ago. It went great. We talked about how she is right on track with her identifying all her letters, knowing the sounds, and writing them, and numbers is the same. Then Miss Hanks said, "So, do we have any other questions about academics?" When I heard her say that, I immediately thought, "OH CRAP, there is a behavior part and she definitely has something to say." Well, I was right!! Apparently every time the teacher tells the kids to either a) go to the carpet b) line up c) get supplies Lexi takes off and tries to be the first one, not only does she run to get where she is suppose to go, but she holds her hands out to her sides and funnels the other kids to get behind her. GREAT, we got the bossy, pushy kid!! Her teacher says that it's great for those kids that have no clue what is going on, but not so good for the other bossy, pushy kids. Basically, I think her teacher is waiting for there to be some words or physical altercation between Lexi and a couple other kids in class. Let me just say, we were NOT surprised with any of this. Jon and I talked, we like that she is a leader and has a competitive spirit, however, we don't want her to take it too far that kids don't like her for it. Very hard to teach at this age, but we are trying!!
Up next...Halloween pix! I promise it will be soon, I have already downloaded the pictures.
3 comments:
She does love her "Marching Bands" though!
I can so related to trying to work with the child that always want to be FIRST and WIN. Mine is just hte same!
Great pictures. BTW, Jon wasn't like this growing up - I wonder where she learned the "have to be first" behavior?
See you this weekend.
Post a Comment