Tuesday, December 16, 2008

SDC in lights

Last Saturday my mom, dad, and the girls took a short trip to Silver Dollar City to see the lights. Apparently everyone else and their brother had the same idea. SDC was the most crowded I have ever seen it!! I am talking wall-to-wall people. Dad and I almost had to spread some UN-Christmas cheer, but we managed to suck it up and didn't have to get all ignorant. (Jon had a JV Tourney he had to supervise so he stayed home.)
Before we left. Whenever we go to SDC the girls always want to play those stupid carnival games and I always say, "No, they cost too much money, but ask Paw Paw the next time he is with us 'cuz he has lots of money," I love throwing my dad under the bus like that. Well, sure enough the girls asked him and he forked out the dough for the dart/balloon/pop game.
First up was Lexi...she was getting her instructions from Paw Paw.
Impressive...she popped two out of three so she got to pick two animals.
Then it was time for Grace....I must preface this. Grace has always been really good at throwing balls and such, so much that last week my PAT lady told me she has a really good arm on her, blah, blah, blah. So I was telling my dad all this before she got up there. First dart...she aims, rares back, and throws...the dart barely makes it over the counter a foot short of the balloons. Second throw, some how miraculously she pops one. Third dart...same as first, nowhere near the balloons. The guy feels sorry for her and gives her three extra darts all the same. Finally, we stood her on the counter and the man blew up one balloon so big it is about ready to burst so we think there is no way she can loose....well...she throws and the dart hits, yet bounces off the big balloon. I get her down and...
Instantly the tears come. She did win one toy, but she wanted two like Lexi.
She was better in a few minutes.
Finally it started to get dark so we made our way to the entrance to see the tree lighting ceremony. It was really neat.
Here is everyone watching the big tree, except Lexi who is posing for the camera!
Aren't they cute?!?!
Hot chocolate anyone?
There is nothing better then waiting on a street, in the cold, in the same spot for an hour with two million people also waiting and trying not to loose all sanity--it was great!
Finally the light parade started with Santa leading the way.
It was a short parade, but the floats were neat.
You can't go to bed without ice cream!!

1 comment:

Alissa said...

Too cute! I don't think we are going to make it this weekend. Too cold, and too busy! No ornament for me! Sigh :(

I'm glad you guys got to go and have fun though!

Hope you are enjoying your 2nd day off! No such luck here, but Kalista thought we should go see one of her cousins after school since they are all off!