Friday, May 8, 2009

What's for dinner?

I absolutely HATE the daily question of, "What's for dinner?" I hear this question probably 50 times a day, on average. Finally the other night when Lexi was asking me for the 40th time that day Jon answered her with, "Well, what are you cooking?" She then freaked out and said she couldn't cook she didn't know how. After we tortured her for about 30 minutes telling her yes she was cooking, she decided she would cook hot dogs for dinner. I showed her which button to push on the microwave and this is what we had...hot dogs, corn puffs, and peaches....yum, yum. Also notice the weeds, I mean beautiful flowers, we had for decorations as well, oh and Gracie in all her sassiness.Hungry anyone? At least I didn't have to cook, right?


3 comments:

Stephanie said...

HA! HA! I love it!

Henley Family said...

Now that is what I call "fine dining"! When Lori was first married she was not a good cook and one night she served Rod hot dogs and stovetop stuffing. Lori is now one of the best cooks I know - Lexi may end up a gourmet chef!

Rachel said...

I love that! Madison LOVES to cook! Maybe I will try that approach with her tomorrow on Mother's Day!!!

Oh, imagine 9 children asking you 50 times what's for dinner!! That is what I hear everyday. Even in our job at the home we have menus that are even posted on the fridge and they still ask over and over! I continually redirect them the the fridge to look at them menu.