So we all know that Gracie comes up with some doozies. When you combine a 5-year-old mind, with someone who has no clue, and can't go more than 30 seconds without talking.....we laugh A LOT!! Anyways, so we had Parent teacher conference last Thursday and we sit down with Mrs. Pock and discuss Gracie's kindergarten year so far. She told us things like, "Sometimes I don't know why I am here because Gracie instructs the class before I even have a chance to." and "I just don't want her bossiness to get to a point where no one wants to be her friend. " You know, good stuff like that, but then she said, "Have you talked with Mrs. Roades?" Mrs. Roades is Gracie's speech teacher (she has a bit of an /s/ problem), and Gracie LOVES going to speech, so it didn't really dawn on me to talk with her, especially since I talk with Mrs. Roades everyday multiple times a day and she never said anything to me. Long story short we go and talk with Mrs. Roades and she informs us that a few times when she has instructed Gracie wait quietly because it was not her turn Gracie looked at her and said, "Well, I am just gonna tell my daddy that you said that to me, he is the principal!!!" WHAT??? My kid who is in kindergarten is trying to intimidate her speech teacher with her daddy's job? How embarrassing!!! I mean seriously, Jon and I try to go out of our way to make sure our kids don't get special treatment because of our jobs, and our own kid is the one pointing it out! We were so embarrassed and so angry with her. However, she meet her match with Mrs. Roades and Mrs. Roades response was, "OK Gracie let me make a note that I asked you to wait your turn and you choose to continue talking. Do you want to take this to your dad now or later?" LOVE IT!! What a great come back, someone has to knock that kid down to size! And that is one of the many reasons why Jon calls her Sugarbear...sweet one second and mean the next. I just think she is bi-polar. HA!


No comments:
Post a Comment