Monday, January 16, 2012

Dieting SUCKS

Can I get an AMEN here?  Seriously!  It is so hard for me!  Jon and I are both trying to lose weight; yes to be healthy, yes, so we are around for our kids for a long time, blah, blah, blah, but my REAL motivation is DISNEY WORLD in July.  We are going on a family vacation to Disney World just the four of us in July, and knowing my husband, I don't know that we will ever go back (not his thing), so I plan to take a butt load of pictures and I DO NOT want to be the FAT kid in all the pictures!  Seriously, when I look back at this vacation through pictures I want to focus on the fun we had NOT, OOH bad angle, or never showing THAT picture to anyone....etc.  So, back to my post....Dieting SUCKS!!!  I don't mind the workouts, sure everything jiggles, and I have been constantly sore for two weeks, but the eating is what is so hard for me.  I have been doing fine till last night.  Last night we had dinner with our D48 (Dinner for eight) group from church, and my calorie count was UGLY.  I had a little mac and cheese, green beans, a little chicken and dumplings, and then two huge pieces of homemade pizza each with about two inches of cheese on top, oh and I didn't stop, I had dessert too, some pudding goodness thing and a cookie.  NO ONE would have guessed I was holding back, but I totally was.  I really wanted a couple more cookies.  I am a HUGE fan of the Biggest Loser and I watch how when they eat so much during temptations and then they are all "Oh I feel sick." and "It didn't even taste good."  BULL CRAP!!  They are totally trying to say the right thing.  Any fat person who loves food will always love the taste of it.  Never will a pizza, chocolate ice cream, anything with cream cheese EVER taste bad to me, no matter how long I have gone without it. 
So, today I am trying to do damage control from what I did last night.  Knowing that I still have no will power over good food.

3 comments:

Henley Family said...

You can do it - how about I pray for you daily on your journey and you pray for me on mine. We can do this! Love you, Nancy

Ang said...

Absolutely Nancy!! I have been racking my brain for what to bring when we scrapbook in two weeks.

Henley Family said...

Hoping it has been a good week for you. I am going to bring some fruit to crop retreat and then a variety of the 100 calorie snack items - when you just have to have something. Good thing our hands are very busy with pictures. Love you.