Monday, November 19, 2007

Thanksgiving

I have so many things to be thankful for, here are just a few...


10. My family has good health, food and a nice house.

9. I actually enjoy my job, and sometimes I think I am making at least a little bit of difference in kids' lives.

8. Blogger.com. That's right, blogger. I have gotten back in touch with many friends that I would probably never have kept up with otherwise. Also, I have never kept a journal, and I am finding it a little therapeutic to write about my life.

7. I have a few close friends that mean a lot to me. They are great for advice, encouragement, and reminding me I am not the only one that is crazy sometimes.

6. I have a wonderful extended family. So many nieces and nephews for my kids to play with and for my kids to look up to. I have great in-laws on my side and Jon's side all of which I am very thankful for.

5. I have two older sisters who are always there if I need them. They are the ones that can tell me when I am being stupid, tell me good job, and just listen if I need to talk. I love living so close to both of them, even though visits aren't as often as we would like.

4. I have two amazing parents. Now that I am a mom, I can truly appreciate how great they were/are. Over the years, and still, they have sacrificed (time, money and energy), taught life lessons, laughed with me and at me, and have just loved my sometimes hard-to-love self.

3. I have two awesome kids. I give them a hard time sometimes about their sassyness, and I expect a lot from them, but truly they are great kids. They are both very funny, well behaved and well mannered (at least they try). Lexi is such a little helper and she is also very smart. Gracie is such an encourager and she has such a sweet spirit (well mostly).

2. I am married to a wonderful husband. We have been married almost 8 years and he is still my best friend. I love hanging out with him, I love watching him with the girls, I love telling him about my day, and I love listening about his day. I am so thankful God blessed me with him.

1. My God who has provided everything I need, and way more than I deserve.

Happy Thanksgiving
Be safe in your travels.

7 comments:

Jeanne said...

Great list Angie! Thank you for sharing.

Have a blessed and wonderful holiday with your family!

xoxo,
j

Deborah said...

I am so THANKFUL I get to stay "caught up" with your life.

This was a great post. What a great role model you are to your girls. Those who are truly thankful have a hard time complaining.

Happy Thanksgiving, Angie!!

Anonymous said...

Angie your girls are beautiful. Tell john I said Hello. Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Stephanie said...

Very sweet post Angie! I hope you are blessed with a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Alissa said...

Thanks for your post! You made me cry! I love you too! See you tomorrow, and drive safe!

Fonda said...

You are one of the things I am thankful for. Cuba would be a lonely place for me without you.

Anonymous said...

Missing hearing from you, Nancy