Sunday, February 3, 2008

Snow Day

I love snow days. Sleep in, oh wait, no not in this house. I heard Lexi waking Gracie up at 5:55am. How does that happen? It was still a weekday, and on normal weekdays we have to wake the girls up at 6:30am. Oh well. Lexi and I still got to hang out in our jammies all day. Gracie never likes to stay in her jammies, she just enjoys being able to wear whatever she wants, and not have me tell her that it doesn't match or that it is too small.
Then of course we went outside. It was really nice, no wind and temps around 40ish.
Jon normally pulls the girls on the shovel, here is Gracie doing her best to pull Lexi.

What a helper.


What an angel.
We even managed to build a snowman. The snow was rather powdery and didn't work very well. We ended up using the packed snow from the driveway that was a little melty.
OK, so it wasn't very big, but it sure took us a long time to build this little thing.

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

What a fun day! Some of my best play memories are due to snow days!

Hope you and the gang are all doing well!

Melanie said...

We tried the snowman thing, but it just wouldn't hold up. Way too powdery.

Alissa said...

Our snow man flopped too. The kids did sled down the hill on the side of the house and that was fun. I hope to post pics soon. As soon as I fight off the flu. . .

Fonda said...

How fun!