Gracie didn't have a fever all day yesterday and still nothing this morning, so we were all back to school today. I was having a great day getting a lot of stuff done and preparing for a potentially nasty meeting that was to start at 3. At 2:50 the phone rings and it's the preschool--Gracie is running a temp of 102, need to come get her. So I wrap up stuff at school, give everything I had for the meeting to our sped director, text Jon to let him know what is happening, and take off to pick up the girls. At preschool I found Gracie sitting on the director's lap wrapped in a blanket and shivering, poor baby. We get home and I put Gracie on the kitchen counter to get some chewable meds for the fever. As soon as I get the cabinet opened Gracie starts bawling and yelling about how she doesn't like that medicine, and at the same time I hear Lexi asking if she can have some purple medicine too cause it is her favorite. (Nice, the kid with the fever is refusing to take medicine and the other is apparently a druggie.) I get Gracie some water to take with her medicine and I tell Lexi to get a snack instead of medicine. At that point the phone rings, Jon calling to see how things are. I pick Gracie up off the counter and walk over to pick up my phone. I say two things to Jon and Gracie starts coughing and throwing up all over me, herself, the floor, and the counter. I hang up on Jon (literally) and run to the sink, but of course she is done at the point. I take Gracie's puke covered coat and shirt off her and tell her to get another shirt on while I clean up the kitchen. Bawling/screaming she proceeds to walk down the hall and I get wet paper towels to start cleaning. As I am kneeling on the floor, in my puke covered dress clothes, cleaning up puke, listening to Gracie bawl in the other room, Lexi gets right in my face and asks me to open her mini m&ms for her snack. "OH MY WORD!! I kind of have a lot going on right now, and opening your m&ms is not really at the top of important things I need to do, matter of fact it's not even on the list." I finally got everyone and everything cleaned up, and Gracie settled in on the sheet covered couch. I then give Gracie the throw-up bucket and from the kitchen in a mumbled voice I hear Lexi word-for-word, "You should have given her that before she threw-up." OH MY WORD!!! Are you kidding me? is what I think in my head but, "THANK YOU LEXI, now stop talking." is what I said. Don't you just love kids? So helpful aren't they?
I haven't had any pictures of the kids lately, but nothing fun has happened.
Lexi has had red chapped skin under her nose for over a week. I have been putting Aquaphor (Eucerin's version of vasoline) on her at least 3 times a day, but her nose keeps running and she keeps wiping.

Doesn't Gracie's eyes look creepy? Not really the best picture of her, not to mention the throw-up bucket.
4 comments:
She (Lexi) is so your daughter. . . Tell Grace I love her and hope she gets all the way better soon.
Sorry Grace is sick... hope she feels better soon! Talk to you later.
Amy
Ang - I am SO with you - I've never been so tired of cleaning up puke in my life! We ran out of sheets, so just started throwing towels over the boys bed-it worked great, they threw up, we just put a new towel on. I hope Gracie feels better soon - and that no one else gets it! And that you get SLEEP!
Thanks for the great laugh, nobody but a mom understands. Sometimes I miss those days, just sometimes.Hopefully the new month will bring health & happiness. Get well and kiss the girls for me, no better not, you will be sick, too. Sorry I can't be there to help.
Post a Comment