When Jon and I first got married we use to carry in ALL of the Wal-mart bags in one trip, and so was born the "one-tripper." It didn't matter that we only go paid once a month and we would make a HUGE Wal-mart run, Jon would load my arms (and of course his) down and everything made it in on that sole trip to the house. I know, what's the big deal? Well, it then turned into a game and the more bags the more of a challenge it was to make the "one-tripper." Once Lexi came around it was harder to accomplish, but occasionally we would still get real excited if we could make it. After Gracie it became impossible. Today after Wal-mart I could not even tell you how many trips it took us to get everything into the house. Seriously, we had so much stuff it took us 5 minutes in the parking lot of Wal-mart to close my trunk, and all that was in there was what we bought today. Now, keep in mind we still only get paid once a month and it seemed this month we ran out of everything at the same time (detergent, bleach, toothpaste, lotion, etc.), but still we had a TON of stuff. Oh how I miss the "one-tripper" but I miss the smaller bill much, much more.
Funny Wal-mart story...
Walking into Wal-mart today we were all four holding hands, Jon on the left, me on the right and the girls in the middle. As we were crossing the parking lot Gracie started pulling on my hand to get me to stop, me, not wanting to get run over, pulled back to make it to the sidewalk as quickly as possible, at the same time as she was pulling on me I was hearing some honking, which I ignored because of course it wasn't directed at us. Well, we made it safely to the sidewalk and I look down to see what the problem was and I see Gracie's shorts around her ankles! Nice! She was flashing princess underware to God and everyone the whole time. That girl has no booty!
Alissa and I did take the kids to Branson for the weekend, as soon as I find the time to upload pix I will.
6 comments:
I love the "one-tripper" line. My Grannie O used to call it the Lazy man's load when we would try to make it in one trip. She always said it would just be faster to pick up some take it and come back for another load! I am with you one trip always sounds better! Nancy
I didn't know anyone else did the One-tripper...I think I've physically hurt myself trying to carry too many bags before - those things can CUT your hands! But it's worth it! :)
Angie...
When are we gonna see you guys? We miss you! Tell Jon that the fishing here is starting to get really good. Once the summer hits we should have some time as I think you will too. We need to get together, let us know...YOU ROCK! Tell the girls we love em and miss em! (of course we love you guys and miss you guys too! I just figured you already knew that!)
We're one trippers too. Or at least we try to be. Man it's hard when you have to bring in the dog food though! ;)
just realized when I leave for my visits I do the "one-tripper". Yesterday I made it, got to car in sunshine & remembered my keys were in raincoat in the classroom. Oh well, exersize you know.
Laugh at Gracie story, always do.
Love mom
Ang-
Love the no booty story. Glad to know the Earnhart cousins all have something in common.
Post a Comment