Sunday, July 27, 2008

The Best part of Vacation

"...We have a sworn friendship with each other in the name of the Lord, saying, 'The Lord is witness between you and me, and between your descendants and my descendants forever.'"
I Samuel 20:42

That's what is on the back of our awesome shirts that Shane designed and surprised us with for our vacation. The front, in case you can't see, says "Summer Vacation 2008 Earnhart * Hines" and has a cool picture too. (You may not have known that Shane was an art major.) No, we did not all wear them out in public at the same time (my husband is way too cool for that). But we did get a picture.


Hillary applying Gracie's "make-up" (lip gloss) before the picture.As great it was to get away, it was even better to be with great friends. You know those friends that you can totally be yourself 100%. Those friends that have seen you at your worst and still love you. Those friends that you haven't seen for 6 months and yet you pick up right where you left off. Those friends where the wives are just as good of friends as the husbands. Those friends that you prearrange your children to marry each other just so some day you can be related. You know THOSE friends! Bonds like that are hard to find, and I certainly cherish ours. (One of my favorites from the whole vacation.) Well, that's it, vacation is OVER!!
**Sorry for the delay in posts (Cheryl--you have NO room to talk Miss 4-month-poster) but over the last week I have been to the farm to visit Mom and Dad, painted my bedroom, painted my dining room, rearranged some furniture, full day shopping, organized files, Lexi had a sleepover (Kalista), and dentist appts. I have been a little busy. This is our last week before heading back to school (earlier and earlier every year), so we are hitting the zoo, cleaning baseboards/carpet, yard work, getting regular cleaning and laundry caught up, and finally scrap booking (first time all summer, my plan was to try to get caught up--ya right, that's not happening). Well, I hope the summer is wrapping up nicely for everyone!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

What cool shirts!!!! Sorry your vacation had to end and school is just around the corner :( Glad you have some great memories from your summer!

Anonymous said...

Ang, I love those shirts and the meaning behind them and all your comments about being able to be 100% yourself and still be loved. Having those kinds of relationships are one of the greatest gifts in life. I had to laugh too, when you mentioned the part about trying to marry the kids all off:) It seems like they just end up becoming great friends who want to keep having their own vacations together.

Andrea said...

I am lucky enough and extremely grateful to also have a few friends like that! I am so glad you all had a great time...it shows!