OK people, on this blog I have talked many times about how I am a "non-reader." This is true. I honestly think that if I was a child now I would qualify for special education in basic reading and reading comprehension, or at minimum I would be receiving Title I reading services. I am not kidding in the 3rd grade during reading time I was pulled out of the "smart" class to have reading with the "dumb" class, of course that was before it was illegal to ability group kids, but don't worry I am not scarred one single bit from it. So, I am a "non-reader" so if I tell you that a book is a MUST read, you better take my advice and read it!
The Shack by William P. Young is the most purposeful book (behind the Bible of course) that I have ever read. It is a story so it is an easy read. It very beautifully gives some insight into the Trinity. Amazing. I really don't want to tell you anything about the book...just read it. Oh, I will tell you one thing, be prepared to ugly cry several times. By "ugly cry" I mean contorted face, lump in throat, can't catch breathe, no one look at me, my dog just died, UGLY cry!! For me this happened a couple times so try not to read this book in public or in front of you husband who might laugh at you! :-) So, go, go right now and buy the book, you could totally borrow my copy but 1. I am not done (OK I read the last couple of pages but I still have the last few chapters to read, I am one of THOSE people) 2. You will want to read this book more then once so you need your own copy.
If you have already read it please let me know your thoughts.
***Just finished the book completely and the last few chapters lived up to my expectations. Loved it. On a weird side note...after the acknowledgements in the back of the book it gives suggestions on how to tell people about this book, one suggestion, and and I quote, "If you have a website or blog, consider sharing about the book and how it touched your life. Don't give away the plot, but recommend that they read it as well as link to http://www.theshackbook.com." Weird. I totally didn't read that part before a I wrote this post.
6 comments:
I will have to get it and read it. Guess it wouldn't be a good one though to take on a trip this weekend.
Funny you should post this. I saw this book earlier this month and mentally put it on my read list. So now I will have to get it this weekend and not wait!
What an amazing book! I also loved it and gained so much encouragement from it. I'm actually reading it for the second time now to underline and highlight the parts that meant so much to me. Definitely one book everyone should get!
Read it! Loved it! Have gotten my mom, father-in-law, and youth pastor to read it...and they all loved it. It makes some very hard concepts so easy to understand.
How many books do you have to read before you qualify as a "reader"?
A couple of us are trying to make it our next book club suggestion. I have been wanting to read it for a while now, but just haven't had the time.
Every so often a book comes around that you just know is divinely inspired. Think about it. William P. Young?? Who is that guy? Unkown author writes an amazing story that gives incredible spiritual insights on the nature of God and the relationships of the trinity! This, I am convinced, was meant to be written, and divinely inspired whether directly or indirectly! I also love how we have all read it. I think that this book not only shows us a little bit more about God but will in the future, break down some nasty barriers among church bodies whether they be alike or completely different (ie: instrumental or non! I hate that argument anyways...but that's really a sidenote:) Angie, I am thrilled that we both have read this book because I, like you, have a hard time doing that one thing, uh...what's it called, oh yeah...reading!
Love you guys!
Give our hellos to the girls and Jon,
B-Lake
Post a Comment