Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Halloween Night

I gotta admit I am pretty impressed with myself at how inexpensive costumes were this year. Here's how it went...for the longest time they both wanted to be princesses and just wear stuff they had at home, my response, oh OK, sounds good. Well, the week before I started to feel bad so when we went to Wal-Mart we went down the isles and looked through all the costumes. While we were there Lexi decided to be the infamous Hannah Montana. We looked and the cute HM costume was $35, seriously? I am not paying that to dress up like a normal person. So I suggested we see if she had anything at home that we could make into a HM, she was happy with that, one down. Then Gracie just really wanted to be a cat just like Lexi was in her Fall concert, um how easy! So, total I spent $4 for a cat costume that was used more then once. I know you are now impressed too!! Special note: Yes, we do have a HM wig that Lexi got for her last birthday, but in Lexi's words it "is all jacked up" and is unable to look anything like HM any more. It's a shame because it is so much fun to wear wigs on Halloween. But I thought they still looked pretty cute.Since Halloween was on a Friday it was a little bitter sweet. Bitter because Jon had a football game to supervise yet sweet because we were able to attend the Henley crazy Halloween Bash. My whole "Lingua" family was there as well, what fun we had.Whenever my dad is around Gracie is pretty much attached to him like glue. She was so funny as soon as the people would put candy in her bucket she would yell back to my dad how many pieces she got. Very funny.
We had quite a parade of cousins through the neighborhood.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Going out as a family makes Halloween of of my favorite memories. Love to all

Fonda said...

Looks like so much fun! Thank God you finally got around to posting again. I was about to come check your house for a dead body! ha Miss you

HTE said...

Halloween is such a blur to me right now. So much to do to catch up. Just ever thankful my baby is going to be o.k. The girls look sweet in their costumes.

Henley Family said...

I was thrilld that you were able to be at our house for Halloween. It was a "treat" for me1 Nancy