
Here she is holding her bag of melted ice on her boo boo. She rarely put the ice on her head, but she had to carry it with her everywhere.
The other close call with Gracie was in the creek. We were in a part of the creek that was a little deeper, but still not above her chest. Anyways, I was about five feet away from her and she let go of her bucket and when she reached for it she lost her footing and went under. I had to jump around Lexi to get to her and pull her up, but she was under the water long enough to scare both of us. Like I said, the water was not over her head so really she just had to put her feet down and stand up herself, but she's two so I don't really think that ever crossed her mind.
Lexi was almost as bad as Gracie. Once she was standing on the picnic table bench and jumped up and when she landed she didn't have her footing so she flipped and landed on the ground on her head. Then another time she was going to the tennis court and tripped over the railroad tye that is the retaining wall and (according to Jordan Williamson) flipped and landed on the tennis court on her head again. Plus, all the countless times both of them wiped out on the gravel road. It didn't matter if they were chasing bubbles, chasing each other, or just walking calmly, the end result was always the same falling and crying.
Now, it may seem like they had a horrible week, but they really did not want to come home. They had so much fun, and would go back tomorrow if they could.
I don't know where they get their clumsiness from. Of course Jon says it's from me, because he was never like that growing up. However, I don't remember falling down half as much as they do. It's a little ridiculous. I am thinking dance class is in their future to teach them some coordination.
5 comments:
Angie Lingua!!! So glad to see you post on Stephanie's and have a link I could follow!!! We're back in Florissant after 5 years in Texas. I see you're talking about Neotez, but I don't see what town you're in. I can't beleive how big the girls are!! It was good to catch up on your family!!
Angie....
I have to say your family is so beautiful...those girls are adorable!!!! I hope you all are doing well...Tell Jon hello for me ok!! Take care, Carrie (Shaw) Strickland!!PS- I have a Myspace page if you want to get back with me..just look up my name...we live in Arkansas now....
Angie, thanks for commenting on my blog the last few times. Your kiddos are so cute. My Caleb is also an accident waiting to happen. Every time we're with my family and we hear Caleb crying bloody murder, one of us says, "Why does it always have to be Caleb?!" Poor guy. I think a padded room would suit him well. But I do like your dance class idea--don't know if Pat will go for it though!
Ang,
I know exactly what you mean. Emma falls down way more than I remember falling as a child (or even see other children fall). I have to admit...I'm glad she's not the only one:)
Lori was quite the klutz so tap and ballet were the answer for her! Reflecting on that maybe it didn't help all that much! On the other hand I was so graceful (not) that I took tap, ballet and baton! When I threw my baton off the stage,during a recital, and hit the guy in the front row (who happened to be the PE teacher at Mom's School) we decided that baton was probably not for me! Your girls are precious! Nancy
Post a Comment