Monday, July 30, 2007

And so it begins...again

Well, today officially starts our diet. During the school year when we have a set schedule, I do really good at eating well and exercising. I'm talking slim fast for breakfast, very small lunch and then exercise 4-5 times a week, but the summers KILL me. This summer has been especially bad. I'm talking almost 10lbs bad!! I have not worked out once this summer and my eating has been out of control. Well, no more. We decided since we go back to work next week(Jon never stopped working) and this week is getting our sleeping back on track we might as well start eating better and getting back in our routine of exercising. So far so good, I mean how hard can half a day be, right? However, I think the treadmill will totally kick my butt this afternoon, it has been 2 months!

Hope everyone is having a great day enjoying the last little bit of summer.

UPDATE
Post treadmill

Here is the conversation that took place in my head on the treadmill today.
Lap 1 Hello there old friend, long time no see. (5 seconds later) Man, I need to get these girls under control. (I was not referring to Lexi and Gracie).Pause treadmill. OK now let's start for real. Lap 1 continue: This isn't too bad. I'll be alright.
Lap 1 second half: Oh crap, this sucks!
Lap 2 OK, I can do this don't think about it just run.
Lap 3 This sucks really bad. How in the world can I only be on lap 3. I don't know if this is keeping track right. I have been running forever. Keep running. Keep running.
Lap 4 I can do it, I only have one more lap to go. Don't stop now. Oh wow is Gracie pooping? Excellent. That's just what I want to do when I am done is smell that. Almost there. If I speed it up it will be over sooner.
Victory!!
When I finished my mile (11minutes and 46 seconds) I walked another two laps at an incline. I just wanted to see if I could still jog a mile without stopping, and today I did, who knows what tomorrow will be like.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Ang..have you thought about doing Tae-bo? It will kick your rear but if you want to lose weight, trust me - it will work! Good luck - I know how tough it is to lose weight!

Becky said...

Good job Ang!!! woo hoo!! You crack me up!!!! I'll be having the SAME conversation with myself after I have this baby!!! :)

Rachel said...

You are hysterical!!! You also inspire me! Running isn't even in my vocabulary. Good luck on the diet! Talk to you tomorrow!

Melanie said...

Starting before school? I'm so behind it's not even comical anymore.