Problem: Teaching kids it's OK to go pee in the ocean. I gotta say it took a lot of convincing Lexi that it was OK to go pee in the ocean. She had issues with going in her swimsuit and then explaining that you had to be farther out then just ankle deep. Anyways, last week I bought a blow up pool for the patio and went through telling her how you can only pee in the ocean and not in pools etc. Well apparently I overlooked one part...tonight the girls were playing in the pool while Jon and I put together a fountain (we ended up not liking it and taking it back apart, that's another story). Lexi said she had to go to the bathroom and took off inside, I followed because I forgot the towels. While inside I noticed that she was running back down the hallway to the back door in record speed and it hit me. "Lexi, did you take off your swim suit before you went potty on the toilet?" You can guess what the answer was and my reaction to the dripping swimsuit!!!!!
Problem: Gracie wanted ice cream. Why is that a problem, well Jon and I were in the middle of taking apart this fountain that we had just put together so you can imagine my mood. "Mommy, can I have ice cream?" "Gracie, I will get you some when I'm done with this." Five minutes later. "Mommy, get me some ice cream." "Hey, Grace, don't talk to me like that. I will get you some ice cream in a minute." About 2 minutes later. "Get me some ice cream NOW." "Gracie, get in the house and sit in that chair." Loud crying. 2 minutes later still crying. "Grace, it is not nice to talk to mommy like that, it hurts my feelings. You need to use nice words. Do you have anything to say to me?" Long pause of me waiting for my apology that I knew was coming. Still crying a little, "Mommy, can I have some ice cream PLEASE?" No apology, but I did have a nice laugh and she used nice words.:-) By the way after we were done and both the girls got some ice cream Gracie took one bite and then the whole bowl was completely upside down under the picnic table. Lexi was kind enough to share her bowl.
1 comment:
LOL! That niece of mine is a crack up! So sweet to share too. Talk to you later gater.
Post a Comment