Saturday, August 25, 2007

Absolutely CRAZY Week!!

So, if you have read my two previous posts you can see that last weekend was very full, to say the least. It is never good to start the week off with the whole family being tired. Well here is how our week went. Remember Jon's supervision has started, so completely take him out of the picture since he had his own schedule to deal with.
Monday me and the girls actually had no plans so after we got home at 5 and ate dinner we all just tried to recover from the weekend.
Tuesday picked the girls up from preschool and drove straight to get groceries. We got home around 7 and then had to cook dinner, eat dinner, and get to bed at a decent time.
Wednesday home by 5 and left by 5:30 to go to small groups. Home then again around 9 and off to bed.
Thursday home by 5 and left by 505 to go to STL for dinner and pick up things Jon needed for school. Home by 10:00.
Friday--totally crazy. Our plan was to drive to Alissa's and let the kids play while we worked on scrapbooks, well that didn't happen. At the end of school while all the kids in the district were loading the buses we hear tornado warning!! The radio said it was 19 miles south of us and headed straight for us. So, after I call my kids' school and make sure they know, we all head out to the buses to unload ALL of the kids and get them ducked and covered in the hallways! Good times. I am sure you can imagine the confusion of the kids all k-12 th grade. With such horrible conditions it actually went pretty well. I think all the kids got back on the correct bus and made it home safely. So, back to our plans, I didn't want to drive in that craziness and I am so glad we didn't since we were in and out of warnings all night. Plus, it was good to catch up with my friend Fonda since she is no longer working in our district. (She lives about two miles away and she has a finished basement for when/if it got ugly again.)
That brings us to today. Our catch up day. Catch up on sleep, house work, and family time. Of course all week long I have had to wake up the girls around 7:15 and yet today they woke me up at 6:45, go figure!! So, I am off to clean and get ready for a visit from my great friend Laura later today.
Next week doesn't look anything like this week did, so hopefully it will be pretty routine. However, you never know what could come up.
Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

Oh my word! You are a busy family! I love all the pictures. Hopefully this weekend you'll have a chance to put you feet up for a second.

I finally started a blog. As Jim to me "bout time" :)

So fun to catch up with you!

Melanie said...

We were driving through there Friday night with Richard on the phone telling me where and how to go. Not fun with three kiddos.

Rachel said...

Great pictures! Hope this week is more relaxing!

Henley Family said...

Ang -
Whew, take a deep breath and hopefully this week is a little calmer for you!
Nancy