Saturday, December 1, 2007

Catch up

Happy December!!! Where have these last two weeks gone? It amazes me how time gets away from you, especially this time of year. I really can't remember everything that has happened, but here are some highlights...

Jon and I went x-mas shopping and out to eat for our anniversary while the girls had fun with Aunt Nancy. We generally celebrate our anniversary a month early since our real anniversary is one week before X-mas, way too crazy then.

On the Sunday before Thanksgiving Matthew came down to visit. It was so nice to catch up with him. His schedule is so busy he doesn't get to come home very often. The girls had a blast playing with him.




On Wednesday before Thanksgiving we went to STL for some more shopping and then went to Jeff and Marion's for a late lunch and to see Blake, Karla, and their TWO dogs Clarence and new St. Bernard puppy, Hershall. We also went over to see Jeff and Marion's new house which they closed on earlier in the week. It was amazing. No pictures of that yet, next time.


Thanksgiving Day was of course filled with family and food. We started the day at Alissa's with all of my family. Good times, good eats, and we even had enough rolls (Amy).
Left: Cousins playing before lunch.

Right: Cousins during nap time after lunch watching a movie.


Left: Maw Maw and Mini Me

Right: Paw Paw and Lexi





After Alissa's we went to Jeff and Marion's to eat more with all of Jon's family. The big kids had fun downstairs with Josh's new Wii, and the little kids had fun again with the adorable Hershall. I didn't take any pictures because I was too busy drooling over Monte's new camera. After playing with his camera I felt like mine was just a kids toy.
We ended up staying the night there, and staying up way too late. Jon was hanging out with the guys and Marion, Karla and I had some bonding time early into the morning. We had tons of fun.
The day after Thanksgiving was not filled with shopping, it was filled with 3 hour naps all around, and then decorating the inside of the house for Christmas. On a side note Lexi has been so funny since we decorated the house...every night after we pray before bed she looks at me and says, "You forgot to say and for us to have a Lovely Christmas." I have no idea where this came from, but I purposely don't include it in our prayer so I can hear her say it.
This week was normally busy the first half, and then on Thursday I left for another overnight conference, this time in Springfield. The conference was fine, but of course what sticks out has nothing to do with what I learned. For the first time ever someone recognized me, and I had no clue who she was. I am really bad about names, but I can almost always remember a face and where I know that person from. Not this time...I just got off the elevator and someone grabbed my arm and said, "Hey!" I looked right at her and said, "I am sorry, do I know you?" She of course is taken back and reminds me that she was my cooperating teacher (8 years ago). Still, me, clueless!! I tried to fake a 5 second conversation, but I stink at that, so finally I just walked away. About an hour later, I pulled her out of my memory and felt totally stupid for not remembering her. Of course I looked for her the rest of the weekend and never found her to have a real conversation. Oh well, I am sure it will happen again sometime.
Well, that catches everyone up on what has been happening the last few weeks. Pretty boring, just busy. Today will be filled with cleaning and decorating the outside of the house. Have a good day.

5 comments:

Melanie said...

Sounds like a fun filled holiday! That new puppy is so stinkin cute!

Dan, Kellie & Kiddos said...

Angie - I love the pictures of the girls in their Santa hats - beautiful! I can't get over how gorgeous they are!

HTE said...

Glad you had a great holiday with family. Remember how blessed you are to be able to have your own family time, plus time with both extended families all in the same day?! Not many people live in proximity to make that happen! Pictures are great--thanks for sharing. Want to come Christmas shopping in Chicago? :-)

Rybak Family said...

You are such a role model to me, I just can't keep up. Sounds like things are good, we are just very hectic here and battling a stinkin' cold!! Kennedy is getting tubes on the 31st!!

Anonymous said...

Great Pics, Annie says wait till you see her babies, you'll forget all about a slobbery St.B.
Tell yours I loves them, too. Read Lissa's blog.
(Was wondering where Aunt Amy fits in.)
Hope to see you soon, Love MawMaw