Sunday, February 10, 2008

What a CRAZY Winter!!

Is it me, or has this winter been really crazy. I feel like everyone I talk to is telling me about their whole family being sick with the flu. Yes, people do get the flu every season, but this season I feel like it is hitting more people and it's not the same virus. Some people have it for a day or two others for the whole week. Some are having it coming out both ends, some just have body aches and a fever, weird. I guess it is our turn now with it. Jon strated last night and today he is bed ridden. I went to Wal-mart and bought him meds, drinks, and Lysol (the most important thing). I plan to spray this whole house in hopes that none of the rest of us get it. So far his has just been aches and fever, I hope it stays that way.

Do you think the crazy flu season is because of the crazy weather? Yes, we all know if you don't like the weather in St. Louis wait a few hours, but come on. Over the past month we have had numous days where the temp is way above normal and within 24 hours we are having temps way below normal. I am glad we played in the snow on the first day cause by noon the next day it was gone, I mean COMPLETELY gone.

Anyways, hope you have a good week and stay healthy, warm, and/or cool, depending on the day.

Side note: Is anyone else having trouble with spell check on blogger? It hasn't worked for me in over a week.

4 comments:

Rybak Family said...

Hate to hear Jon is down, I think Kyle and I got the 1 day version ourselves over the weekend.
PS I did not even know we had a spell chedker!

Stephanie said...

Yes Angie, my spell checker isn't working either. I was wondering if I was the only one.

It seems like this winter has been one of the worst ever with little children getting sick. I can't say any more or I'll jinks my family!

Alissa said...

Do you want the technical answer for your flu questions? Probably not, but here you go. . . The illness with diarreah and vomiting is NOT the flu. Influenza (the flu) is a respiratory infection kind of like a really bad cold that gives you a fever, chills, body aches, runny nose, and a cough. The other is just a stomach virus. The flu shot vaccine is for the real flu, not the stomach virus, but of course is only effective depending on which strain of the virus you get. I hope Jon is better. Kalist and I were down almost a week.

HTE said...

I always thought the fluctuating temps could get you sick with cold viruses, but was recently informed otherwise by an article in the Trib! Who would have thought? The Docs all say one is not related to the other...of course going outside with wet hair won't make you sick either (just colder) as I just had to remind my Mom a week ago when she freaked out that I did. Old wives tales get the best of us I guess!