Spring starts tomorrow, yea! A lot of my flowers are already starting to come up and my grass is looking a little greener these days, of course yesterday and today I had to look through two inches of water to even see my grass
Our spring break starts on Friday. I am so excited about getting any time off this year. Last year with all of the snow days and construction on our school we had ZERO days off from January 11ish till we got out in May. I am talking no President's day nothing. So this year we are all happier.
My spring break starts off at 8:30 in the morning on Friday getting all four of my wisdom teeth pulled. I am real nervous about this. Seriously, as I am typing this I am getting butterflies in my stomach. I am not scared of the pain at all, I can handle that, I am scared to be knocked out. I have NEVER in my life been unconscious. It is just creeping me out to think of people doing stuff to me and I have NO control or knowledge of what is happening. Am I crazy? Is it just me? Do I need therapy? OK, don't answer any of those!
Gracie has been in the three-year-old class now for two FULL days and yesterday when we were leaving one of her little friends from her two-year-old class said, "Hi." and was just really excited to see her. Gracie, the little snot, refused to look at her or say hi because she wasn't her friend any more. Are you kidding me? She's too good to speak to two-year-olds two days after she moves up. Man, I am gonna have my hands full with her. I think I need to start knocking her down to size early. I guess I should mention she did remind me at bedtime prayers to talk about her being rude. I am assuming the motivation behind the prayer was not to be more like Christ, but so she wouldn't have to sit on her bed and go without a snack after school.
I hit a milestone this week...I jogged two and a half miles without stopping. Of course it took me 30 minutes (29 min. 58 sec.). (I'll do the math for you. That's running at a 5 on the treadmill or a 12 minute mile. That is my average of course.) Regardless of the time, I was just pleased with myself. My first time on a treadmill was back in 2003ish and besides almost falling off cause it felt weird, it took me like 16 minutes to do one mile (walking and running of course). That time in 2003 was a one-time thing at the YMCA. We bought a treadmill in 2005 and we have been on and off friends ever since. I would like to get up to jogging at least 3 miles by summer. I know I will have a little set back with my teeth next week, but surely by summer I can do it.
The weight loss is slow yet steady. After the holidays I was up a total of 10 pounds from last year and 15 pounds from when we moved here a year and a half ago. On Sunday morning I was down a total of 8 pounds from the holidays, but then came Gracie's party and these. So, Monday morning I was only down a total of 6 pounds. This is the one area I am excited about getting my teeth pulled, it better pay off on the scale. I would still like to lose 16 pounds by July. If I keep jogging I know I can get there.
Well, that's all for now. Wish me luck on my unconsciousness.
5 comments:
You'll be fine on Friday. I'm with you on the weight loss. I'm down some, but then vacation hit this week in FL. Since I now have strep and don't feel like eating, maybe that will help! Love you, and see you next week (unless my kids are sick)
Okay, so I know you said NOT to reply to all those questions but I just can's help myself. So here is the deal, I have been knocked out 2 times (by doctors i mean) and the first was one was my teeth also. So that is the one I will not tell you about cause it was a bad choice of doctors to begin with (I was in collage at the time so could not afford much). 2nd time, great experience. Best of luck to you, I will be thinking about you!!!
Angie- I have a funny story when I had my wisdom teeth taken out! I was very nervous and it was my first time under as well. They had to give me some laughing gas to lower my blood pressure since it was a little high. I looked at the doctor and nurse and the next thing I knew, they said, "Okay, we're all done." I was laughing and telling them that they hadn't even started. The laughing gas made me very silly.
General is the way to go. You don't want local because you'll be awake through the whole thing. As far as recover, just remember not to suck on a straw and take your pain meds every 3 hours, even if you have to set your alarm to get up in the middle of the night. This made my recovery very easy. But I really understand your fear. I'll be praying for you and just remember, you won't have to worry about those pesky wisdom teeth again!
I'm with you on the weight loss journey - I have a love/hate relationship with Weight Watchers - this week it is a love relationship! Good luck with your wisdom teeth - I've only been knocked out once, and it wasn't bad...you don't even realize it.
You'll be fine Ang. I've never had it for teeth--but several times for other surgeries. The first time I was so nervous my bed linens were soaked with sweat before we even went into the OR and that was AFTER the anesthesiologist gave me valium to calm down!
Post a Comment