Dear Miss Hanks, I am sorry for jacking around. I will try to be better. Love, Lexi 9-25-08It hasn't all been about pulling cards. They have this character education based off Mr. Starbucks. As the story goes...Mr. Starbucks likes it when kids are on time, responsible, good listeners, honest, friendly, etc (one for every month) and his favorite colors are black and gold, ironically our school colors too. So the kids love him and love it when he visits once a month to hand out awards to two kids from every class who have shown good character.
They even have a school wide song they sing about this whole crazy blue star. (It's sung to YMCA, it's very funny.)
Well this month was Be Responsible and Lexi was one of the two picked out of Miss Hanks' class. Her teacher said that she is such a good helper with all of the kids especially the little girl with the tumor on her optic nerve and can't see very well. Here is Lexi when she was recognized during the assembly for being responsible.
One more funny story...Yesterday the kindergarten PE teacher (who is like a kid himself) came into my office and was talking about how funny Lexi is etc. Well, I said, "Yea she's that kid that you give her an inch and she takes it five miles and doesn't know when to stop. You just want to say funny the first time not so funny 500 times later." At this he just starts laughing and says, "Um, like today." I asked him what he meant and he proceeds to tell me that earlier that day in PE they were playing some mean face game and he got right in her face and was giving her a hard time saying her face wasn't mean enough and with that she growled and punched him in the nose!!! He said immediately her face went to "OH CRAP THAT WAS WRONG!" I was freaking out laughing! Awesome, my kid is gonna have a Safe School's Act filed on her in her first month of school. Leave it to the Principal's daughter! Needless to say we have talked long and hard about how it is OK to play rough with Daddy at home, but it is NEVER OK to play rough with teachers at school. If you see my kid on the channel 5 news being hauled off to juvy, it's all true! :)
8 comments:
I love her she is awesome! That letter is priceless. Was "jacking around" the terminology her teacher used also?
Vicki
Seriously started laughing so hard I couldn't breath!!! The other people in the office here were like what in the world is wrong with you...
I laughed forever!! I'm curious too, teacher terminology or Lexi's? Sounds like Angie's! Love the stories, keep them coming.
UMMMM yeah..... who exactly says "jacking around?" especially in a house where you can't say "stupid"!:)
Since everyone is so curious....Yes, we (I, whatever)do say "jacking around" in our house, what else should you call it? If a kid is jacking around they are jacking around!! But, I didn't tell her to write it, I just told her how to spell everything. She's nuts! :)
You of course will be shocked to know that Shane took credit for "jacking around".
I am LAUGHING OUT LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She is SO funny, Angie!!! Oh my word!!! You could seriously write a book, and she's only in KDG. I love it!
Vic, indirectly he probably should take credit. I probably picked it up from him and then she from me. I never knew a little phrase would cause such an uproar! :) Just for the record it says "around" people and not "off."
Post a Comment