Friday, February 20, 2009

This world is getting smaller by the minute.

I have always had many circles of friends. Growing up I had church friends, camp friends, school friends from Clarksville, school friends from Hazelwood, and parents' friends. It was always very stressful for me to have a birthday party because who do you invite? Only people from one group or people from all groups and stress about them interacting with each other? In my adult life I still have friends from all of those groups but have added people from Harding, Cape Girardeau, Cuba, two more churches, and four more work places.

So...

Now we have these little tools called blogs and Facebook and all of my different circles of friends are colliding. It is unbelievable. Of course there is the Church of Christ and Harding connections, but that happens so often it doesn't really phase me any more. What freaks me out is when people from my childhood are somehow connected with people from my adult life and they are not connected through me, it's just weird. Let me give a few examples from just the last year...

1. Jeanne use to date a guy who is now married to a school friend from Clarksville. The really weird thing they all live and are connected from Florida. (Jeanne, I have been meaning to tell you this, isn't it weird?)--Facebook

2. Last night I just found out that Fonda (who I just met 3 years ago) knows a friend of Heather's sister (who I grew up with in Clarksville).--blogs

3. Jeanne who I taught with at O'Fallon CoC Preschool lives three houses down the street from a girl that has known my family since before I was born.--Facebook

4. One day my mom was telling me about this guy she works with and she mentioned where he was from, long story short, he is Vicki's brother-in-law's brother.

5. A lady I work with at school went to k-12th grades with Vicki.

Plus many more times I see weird connections between mutual friends on Facebook.


This may not fascinate you, but it really blows my mind sometimes. Do you have any weird connections you have found out about recently?

3 comments:

Dallas said...

Happy to follow your blog! Good times on Sears One South!!!!!

Anonymous said...

You forgot that your friend from Harding's father-in-law is our doctor here in Tullahoma and that she now goes to church with the Cassilly's and Kortney is their babysitter.

Jeanne said...

I love how often I reconnect with random people too!

I'm drawing a blank at who you are referring to as my past boyfriend... hint?