Friday: County Fair
OK, so I haven't been to a County Fair since I was in High School and I went to hang out with my friends. After last Friday night I have to wonder if the fairs have changed or have I? I think it's me. Here are my thoughts:
1. Fifteen dollars PER adult to get in. Are you freakin kiddin me? If we would have known that I would have been hiding in the back seat under a blanket before we pulled up. (I'm just kidding I wouldn't have, but don't think the thought didn't cross my mind.)
2. What safety standards do these rides really have to follow? I mean one ride my kids rode on the seat belt was a piece of rope, yes I said a piece of rope.
3. When walking through the barns with the animals are we suppose to say something to the people who are waiting by their livestock? I mean should I have said, "Hey nice cow." or "Really fat pig, good job." Why do they sit there, am I missing something?
4. $5 will only buy you three darts to throw at the balloons, why not 5 darts I ask? Wouldn't that make more sense? I guess I just have think I was paying $5 per giant lollipop that my girls really wanted and then took one lick of and hated it the next day. Good times.
5. Over all the girls had a GREAT time, and Jon and I had a great time watching them have fun.
Saturday: Drive-In
I have never been to a drive-in before last night. It was just as fun as I expected. We saw that Rat cartoon movie (Just OK. Storyline was a little too much to follow for the girls, and the French accents were difficult to understand.) then the second movie was Evan Almighty. I thought it was really cute, Jon didn't like it too much. The worst part of the evening was that I couldn't stand up to adjust or rearrange the kids. "Angie, you were in the back of a pick up truck, why couldn't you stand up?" So glad you asked. When the first preview started we saw a dark figure in the bottom of the picture on the screen and I looked at Jon and said, "I think that's the roof of our truck and your head." So, Jon then moves his head and sure enough we were parked right in front of the projector. Nice. The place was packed and the show had already started, so we had no choice but to stay there and just not let our heads get over the roof. It kept making me laugh every time the screen got really bright and I saw Jon's head. Laughing a little right now.
Sunday: Soul Lift
Always good to go to Soul Lift. Great singing, great lessons, great skits, and GREAT people. Huge thanks to Aunt Nancy for all of the goodies for the girls. They had a great time, and I only had to get up once and it was for myself!
4 comments:
We went to our county fair two weeks ago and nothing's changed but the prices as well. $6.00 for a funnell cake? And yep, we had a ride (the motorcycles) that the buckles were ropes as well. Good times. I missed Soul Lift this well (although I'm housing some) but hope to make it to next years!
"Hey nice cow"...you crack me up!!
I know the 4-H kids are always crying at the fair because they're so attached to their animals and have to give them up--that's why they sit around with them. Kind of sad.
Love Jon's head in the movie. Can't believe it was your first drive-in. Growing up in California it used to be $5/carload so you cram as many in the car as you can and bring lawn chairs for everyone to sit in. Fun times and memories.
Jon and Angie -
So glad that you came to Soul Lift - the girls are gems. JD told us later that there is just something about your 2 girls that tug at his heart! Could be Gracie falling out of her chair and the bleeding mouth which was just grape jelly! Thought of you all last night as we were in St. Clair, MO to visit Colt and Ky at band camp! We have to get a visit planned! I can't believe school is getting ready to start. Love you all, Nancy
Post a Comment