Thursday, July 26, 2007

Where in the world is Goldie Louey Earnhart?

Lexi has been wanting a pet, and we are not quite ready for another dog, so we got her a gold fish. Jon and I know nothing about gold fish and we thought since her b-day is the first week of June the fish would be dead before we did all of our summer traveling, and then when we got home buy a new one. (I know not good to buy a kid something we expected to die so soon when she talks so much about death.) Never fear, that little fish has not kicked the bucket yet. So, he was with us on ALL of our summer travels. I just put him in a gallon size bag put the bag back in his bowl and put the bowl in a box surrounded by towels. Good times.
Lexi, Gracie, and Goldie at Camp Ne-o-tez for the week.

Lexi, Gracie, and Goldie on our last day in Florida.

Lexi, Gracie, Hayden, and Goldie at the Hines' house in TN after we got back from FL.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

We recently got Hayley a few fish. Here's a tip: buy the more expensive fish - they will live longer. We bought Hayley a pretty decent sized goldfish at Walmart for $4 a few weeks ago and he's doing great! Eric did have to flush a few but she reacted fine. As the fish was going down, she said, "Bye, bye fishy!" I dread it when she starts asking "Why?"

Melanie said...

I can't handle the dog we have let alone something Braden would try to eat. Brave, brave woman!

Becky said...

That is the cutest thing I have ever seen... you are such a good mommy!!!! I love that the fishie has traveled with you all summer!! ha!

Anonymous said...

Ang -
You are a riot! I would never have thought to cart the fish around on your travels! Good thing the girls didn't decide to let it have a little freedom in the creek at camp or at the beach! Nancy