Saturday, August 25, 2007

A Day at the Zoo

Last Sat. we went to STL to visit with family (David, Heather, and Ella were in town from Chicago). We met up at the zoo, and had a great time.


Uncle Jeff and Aunt Marion with Grace, Lexi, Ella, and the "Wild Ass" in the background. (Yes, I am that immature that I had to work in "wild ass" in the post, now two times.)

Right place, right time, we were lucky to be in the River's Edge when they were walking the new baby elephant, so cute and hairy.

Gracie loved looking at the huge fish.
We tried to have Lexi sit on this, but it was smokin' hot, so daddy just held her.
Here is Gracie and Ella in the Children's Zoo. Gracie could have stayed and pet the guinea pigs all day long.
Also in the Children's Zoo is the water spray area. Two things were learned in this area. 1. the swim suit I grabbed for Lexi was too small and 2. without a swim diaper on, Gracie has NO booty to fill out her swim suit.














How tall are you compared to the animals?










Sat. night we drove over to take a look at Jeff and Marion's new house.

3 comments:

Alissa said...

I'm glad to see you've posted and that you survived the storm! Talk to you soon!

Henley Family said...

Looks like everyone had a good time - a little hot for sure! I haven't been to the Zoo since the boys and I went with your girls to Wild Lights (then it was freezing). I want to know how you get your text around the pictures. I am still having a hard time with pics. Nancy

Melanie said...

WE LOVE the children's zoo. So many fun things! We go about 10 times in the summer. No joke. We're going again on Friday if the weather permits.