Saturday, May 24, 2008

Baccalaureate


Last night at Baccalaureate Jon was amazing. Let me set the stage for you....As I have already mentioned in a previous post it has been a pretty rough week for him. Last night when he got home from school he was COMPLETELY exhausted, he was laying on the bed watching Sports Center (his drug of choice) and he looked at me (in between watching TV and snoring) and told me he shouldn't have volunteered to talk, he had too much on his plate, and he just really didn't want to do it. All week he has been dealing with (and much more) detectives, upset parents, out-of-control seniors, preparing/setting up graduation, a late board meeting and normal last day of school issues. I looked at him and asked if he had time to write anything down to talk about (it was to start in 2 hours), and he told me no, and he told me the gist of what he wanted to get across, but he was just gonna wing it.

We sat through the welcome, the band, a song, and the message all before his turn to give the challenge. He got up there and put the Word on em. He was quoting scriptures left and right, told the "If you love me give me your necklace" story, and had stop when he almost started crying reading his closing scripture. Can I just say (we were in a pentecostal church) I have never heard so many "Amens" and "That's right" in all my days, it was awesome, even during Jon's pause to compose himself so he wouldn't cry, I heard someone praying out loud for the Lord to "Give him strength." (Ok that was a bit weird.) God was definitely speaking through Jon last night and giving him strength to even make it through. When it was over I would say more then half of all the people there came and told him what an awesome job he did. I wish I would have kept a running total of all the, "You have a great guy there." and "He's a keeper isn't he?" and "Your husband has been such a blessing to us." that I heard. I just nodded my head and said my standard, "Yeah, I kinda like him too." but in my own head I was thanking God for blessing me with such an amazing man.

3 comments:

Fonda said...

I kind of like him too.:)
Your husband has been healing to a school that lived through some real head cases.
And BTW, you're OK too!

Jeanne said...

Angie what an inspiring story! I love God's unexpected ways!

Ya'll are still in my prayers. Enjoy your holiday weekend!

Becky said...

Awwwww! Way to go Big JON!!!!!