Friday, July 31, 2009

snaggle-tooth

The girls and I went to the dentist the other day. It was not a fabulous trip. I stayed with Gracie while she got her teeth cleaned and Lexi went to the lady in the next cubicle. I could hear the lady and Lexi talking and I heard somethings about homework, wiggling, adult tooth, baby tooth, stuff like that. When the lady and Lexi came back she was all..."She really needs to work on loosening up those bottom teeth since that one adult tooth is coming in behind it." I said oh her tooth is ready to come in, did you see that on her x-ray?" Um.... no I saw it in her mouth." I looked at Lexi and said, "really where?" I mean do you see anything?
The lady looked at me like I was stupid and said look inside.

WHAT THE CRAP? HOW DO YOU MISS THAT?
Seriously, I felt so stupid. Lately Lexi has been so upset that she didn't have any loose teeth and occasionally I would try to wiggle some of her front teeth, but apparently I never really looked at her mouth. AWESOME! What's even better was then I was really looking at her and noticed that under her fingernails that she was using to wiggle her tooth were filled with dirt. I can only imagine what those dental hygienists were thinking about my parenting skills!!
So, in a few weeks if Lexi doesn't wiggle that tooth out (which she won't it is barely moving right now) then we have to go back in for the dentist to pull it-good times. But I guess we will just have to make a day of it since Gracie has a cavity too. Yea!
You know what else I love, is how crooked that tooth is coming in and how the dentist says she has a really small mouth and she will have to have some teeth pulled just so they can all fit--even better!!

4 comments:

Henley Family said...

Never a dull moment with Lexi and Gracie around! When do you go back to school?

HTE said...

That is so funny. Sort of. Ella and Nicholas were at the dentist last month and she (the dentist) told us Ella's bottom two teeth are loose! She's on the early side of age 5-7 for loosing teeth. The dentist seemed to think it might be early fall before they actually come out. I really want to get that picture made soon!

Anonymous said...

Find a really good orthodontist to avoid pulling the teeth. Amber had the same issues.
DiAnn

Marion said...

Sooo funny. Looks like you're getting some fun and relaxation in after all this summer! Glad for you..