DANCE
So, we had our first dance class tonight. After we bought the shoes and paid, she was all set to go. Picture it...my daughter in a hand-me-down blue leotard with worn out tights surrounded by 8 little girls in decorated pink leotards and of course the matching skirt. It was a sight, plus it seems she is the oldest, or just maybe the tallest, she definitely stuck out. Well, now that I think about it, was it her look that stuck out, or her slipping, falling and bringing down four girls with her 30 seconds after she first put on her tap shoes that drew the most attention? I would say it's a toss up. It was very funny. Even with "the fall" she had a blast and will be anxiously awaiting next Monday. Now I gotta tell you, we enrolled her into dance to give her a since of being apart of something, she loves to dance, and teach her a little coordination along the way. I was also the odd person out. I was amazed at all the people there that were like, "Oh we live here." or "Tonight we actually get to go home at 8:30!! Are you freakin kidding me? We were definitely there for different reasons.
DINNER
So, everyone knows how Gracie has been really not-nice lately, right? Well, her big thing is to tell people she doesn't like them and look to see what reaction she gets. So, tonight at dinner out of the clear blue she looks at me and says, "You are not the boss of me." I said, "Yes, I am the boss of you." She says it again a little more forcefully, "You are not the boss of me!" At this time Jon says, "Well Gracie who is?" She replies, "God." Lexi said, "And Daddy and Mommy." Gracie says, "Yea, Daddy, but not Mommy, I don't like Mommy." With this Jon tells her to go to her room so he can talk to her. She just stands there and so he says very loudly, "GO!!" With that she jumped about three feet into the air. I started cracking up and then looked at Lexi who put her hand on her place mat that was hanging off the table which made her food, place mat, and herself all going flipping onto the floor (see why she needs dance, two major falls within two hours). So, let's recap...Gracie is marching to her room crying cause she got startled and she is in trouble, Lexi is laying on the floor covered in her dinner, and I am crying I am laughing so hard not even able to help Lexi up. Oh my word it was too funny. Long story short, I know too late, we helped Lexi up and kissed her boo boos, and Gracie apologized with, "I am sorry Mommy, I will love you." (Nice huh? She has a long way to go!)
7 comments:
I am SO not looking forward to the day where Hayley starts saying things like, "I don't like you, Mommy." Just remember that they do which I'm sure you know!
Your stories always put me in stitches!
When we'd go grocery shopping Carter used to look at people and in a sing song voice tell them, "I don't like you". Man, was that hard to get out of. But he's sweet as can be now!
I would love to have seen Lexi at dance class! Ella starts ballet at the end of the month. Fun! Fun!
I am sure Lexi was the most precious child at dance class! She would be my favorite for sure! We will just have to get her some pink tights/leotard and even a tutu if she needs one! See you on the 22nd! Nancy
Such funny stories, Angie! Why do I get the feeling that when you were little, you were probably a lot like Gracie...testing your limits with words?!?! :)
Ashlyn is just now getting interested in dancing. I haven't thought far enough ahead to dance class, but Lexi's story makes me think it would be a ball of laughs.
I can hardly wait to hear how week two of "Dancin' in Cuba" goes! Nancy
Post a Comment