Thursday, January 10, 2008

The New House

No, this is not my beautiful house, it is my brother/sister-in-laws'. I am posting pics of their new house so family who have not yet had a chance to see it completed (Chicago Earnharts and Warrens), and others who I am sure would like a little tour. This sounds kid of weird to say, but this house was truly built for God's glory. What do I mean by that? Well, they plan to hold monthly (or so) retreats for fellow Christians. I am not 100% for sure of the exact agenda, but I know there will be a lot of different people staying here at various times to seek healing. I know God has been the center of this entire undertaking starting here. Jeff and Marion are such amazing people, I know God will bless their efforts. (Notice Lexi in the background of these pictures showing the camera her new movie for Christmas, I have NO idea why. She's weird.)
This is the "big room" as my girl's call it. I believe it will be used for the office, Marion's crafts, and the grandkids' toys. This is the view from the sink area in the kitchen looking into the "reading nook."
This is the view from the entrance looking onto the living room to the right, dining room to the left and kitchen straight on.
The living room.
This is the basement, not quite set up yet for the "meeting room" which is what it will be. The guests that stay downstairs have almost a complete kitchen at their disposal.

There are also 5 bedrooms split between the upstairs and downstairs for guests, and then a separate bedroom on the main floor for the facilitator of the retreat to stay in. It is a nice house and it will be a tool for some great things, plus it's pretty comfy for us to stay when we come to visit too.

3 comments:

Henley Family said...

We are having our Camp meeting there on Monday night - hope we get the tour also. I know they will do incredible things for God with this home. You are correct that they are amazing, God-centered people. love ya, Nancy

Fonda said...

Totally feelin you on the non-appreciation comment. Glad to hear from you. I was starting to wonder if my comment section was broken! I miss you! Don't know if I'll be at the game tomorrow or not. I almost dropped in on you tonight, but I ended up not having to take Parker to practice.
BTW that house looks awesome. Where do I make reservations?

Becky said...

That is so cool!! OK... I just read your previous post about the carrot/greenbean thing... SOOOO funny! I can not believe that! I'm still laughing! :)