Wednesday, January 23, 2008

When did you turn into your Mom or Dad?

This morning on the radio, during my 3 minutes to preschool and another 3 minutes to work, they were discussing the moment you heard your parents' words come out of your mouth for the first time. It is so true, we all do it, we ALL turn into our parents at some point.

For me, I feel like I am almost a carbon copy of my parents. Every conversation I have with my mom she tells me I sound just like my dad. Yet, in my daily life dealing with my kids, I sound just like I remember my mom when she was dealing with us three girls growing up. All I have to say is at least I have good parents!!

Here are just a few things I say that are straight out of my parents' mouths.

I'm the mom and I said so.
You better knock it off.
You can't go outside with wet hair, you'll catch pneumonia. (that was my grandma)
Close the door!!!!! (you know, when it's cold outside)
You have got to stop bouncing your leg.
And my least favorite saying...
Do you want a spankin?!?!? (Of course the answer is no why am I asking?)

There are so many more one liners that are not coming to mind, what do you say that is straight out of your parents' mouths?

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

LOL! I say the last one at least 10 times a day so I can relate! My mom always said that to me.

Andrea said...

I can't think of any at the moment, but I catch myself thinking I sound like my mom all the time

Alissa said...

How about this one. . . "Do you want me to stop this car right now and give you something to cry about?" That was a personal favorite of mine

Melanie said...

So true on the spanking and Alissa's comment. I say "life is hard" like them too.