Friday, June 6, 2008

Strawberry pickin'


Last Saturday we spent the night at the farm, and lucky for us the strawberries had just really started to ripen up. Before dinner we went out for a few minutes to pick some dessert.
Lexi immediately started picking the red ones.

And picking.

Paw Paw had to show Gracie how to take the green stem off before she ate it.

And she ate.
And ate.

Not bad for five minutes of picking.

5 comments:

Fonda said...

Your kids are so lucky to be able to have these experiences. Great pictures!

Andrea said...

We are soooo jealous! Strawberries are a favorite of both girls! We were able to pick some at a local farm, they were the best strawberries ever! We didnt pick a lot because really ripe berries obviously don't keep long :( Your girls ARE lucky to have such wonderful opportunities!

Anonymous said...

looked like so much fun and what memories I hope they'll have

Anonymous said...

Don't freak out it was my "anonymous" message. I can't get this darn password right.

Henley Family said...

My Grandpa Henley grew strawberries because I loved them so much . . . ! I still can shut my eyes and go back to picking them with him and then eating them right in the field. He also grew green beans and new potatoes for me but we did not eat those in the garden . .we let Grannie cook those. Precious times, Nancy